Sunday 18 March 2012

Saturday and Sunday

It's been so nice to read the comments people have left on my blog. It's always interesting to see who is reading and to keep in touch with people back home and around the world.

Here is a bit of a recap of my weekend:

Saturday, with the exception of the Leafs beating the Sens was about as perfect as a day can get. I spent my St. Patrick's Day day surfing as much as my arms would let me and I got some really fun waves. I'm not sure if it was the green wax that I put on my board or my Irish blood, but my last surf of the day I seemed be in the right spot to catch some of the best sets that rolled through. In the evening I went to a bar in Haleiwa called Breakers with my friend Nick for green beers and a game of darts. Fun stuff!

Gut bomb. Finger licking good.
Sunday was very laid back. I surfed Sunset Beach in the morning and then in the afternoon I drove to town to pick up my friend Brandy from the Airport. The real story here however is that on the way to the airport I stopped at KFC. I know that sounds gross but in America KFC is different. It's actually awesome. The chicken is crispier and you get mashed potatoes, gravy and a biscuit. That said I'm paying the price now as my belly definably looks like I'm about to have a baby. Oh, well. I don't really need to move to fast with a sunset like this!

Another awesome sunset. Kaena Point, Oahu, Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment