Sunday 12 February 2012

Found in Haleiwa

This afternoon I came across a stack of old Surfer Magazines from the 80's at one of the many surf shops in Haleiwa. I love looking at old surf stuff and I sat down and began to flip through the pages of neon clad surfers. Several minutes into my time travels I came across a particular issue from February 1988 with a young Sunny Garica on the cover and the promise of a "Surf Quest to the North Atlantic!" in the ensuing pages. I tore past the cover and quickly flipped past glossy pages proclaiming Kelly Slater to be the next hot young surfer until I came to big red letters that read, "The Canadian Maritimes."

Here is what the article had to say about the land of Christmas trees, clawed lobster and Moosehead Ale. (to read right click the picture and open in a new window)

 Cover Shot - February 1988
 The spread
 Page 1
 Page 2
 Page 3
 Page 4
 Page 5
Page 6

No comments:

Post a Comment