Saturday 7 January 2012

Up to Here

I've spent this weekend getting set up in Hawaii. Yesterday I took a trip into Wahiawa to try and find a car with no luck. I actually came pretty close to getting one but on my final check of the car I noticed that the horn didn't work. That kinda freaked me out so I decide to continue to look... hopefully I can get one soon because it's tricky to get around and check waves without one. 


I was successful however in picking up some boards. I got two custom made Bushman's, a 6'6" and a 7"0" step up. Needless to say im pretty stoked.. except for the fact that I already dinged the 6'6". Pictures of the Hawaii quiver to come.


I've also got wet a few times. On Friday I surfed at Ali'i beach park which is a wave that hosts one of the Van's Triple Crown events. (http://vanstriplecrownofsurfing.com/reefhawaiianpro2011). 


Today I got three sessions in. One at Ali'i, one at Pu'ena Point and one at Rocky Point. Rocky Point was sick, although I only went on one wave. The crowd was pretty big and the waves were well over head and hollow. I also saw Jack Johnson and the Florence brothers on the beach and in the water. Rocky's is definably a wave I want to surf some more over the next few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment